Red Deer River Naturalists

The Red Deer river Naturalists are a group dedicated to learning about and preserving natural history. They have regular programs with speakers and many field trips.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 1, 2010

Ravens Abundant

         On Dec 31 I saw 81 ravens pass over me in the southeast Red Deer area in a 2 hour period. I have never seen so many ravens on a continuous basis. Usually ravens are solitary.

        I happened to be out from 7:45 AM to 9:45 AM. At the early time it was almost dark. I could hear ravens but they were too far away to see in that light. Since I was busy I wasn't paying attention to them. I stopped once and counted 34 fly over in about 2 minutes . I continued watching and counting until 9:45 . I'm not sure how many ravens I missed at the beginning.

       This was a first for me to see so many ravens in one area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natural Wise Fun

Gain information and experience by following natural Wise . Make comments and ask questions about our posts. Tell us about your experiences.