Red Deer River Naturalists

The Red Deer river Naturalists are a group dedicated to learning about and preserving natural history. They have regular programs with speakers and many field trips.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What Was That?

     I have a bird feeder that hangs at the edge of an eave on my house. From my window I can not see the ground under the feeder. 
   
   Yesterday as I took a little look at the feeder a  little gray rocket flew out of my yard from somewhere over to some nearby trees. A few seconds later another little rocket flew by. By this time I realized the birds had come from the ground under the feeder. I further realized that the little gray rockets with some flashing white were Juncos. 

    Juncos usually come to back yards and feeders during dirty weather. We've had lots of nasty weather lately. Some Juncos hang around until quite late in the fall. Juncos are always interesting birds top watch around the feeder and the yard.

2 comments:

  1. We haven't seen any Junco's for a few weeks now whereas last year they were hanging about the feeder till the beginning of Dec then back again early spring. Sure have a wonderful abundance of finches, nuthatches and chickadees coming to the feeder to keep me amused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to be lots of birds around. We have house finches in abundance.

    ReplyDelete

Natural Wise Fun

Gain information and experience by following natural Wise . Make comments and ask questions about our posts. Tell us about your experiences.