Red Deer River Naturalists

The Red Deer river Naturalists are a group dedicated to learning about and preserving natural history. They have regular programs with speakers and many field trips.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Birding Impressions

       I have the impression that for 2016 there are more birds around the Red Deer Area.

      This spring , each  Saturday morning I led a bird trip in Red Deer. We saw many species and some birds were in large numbers. Yellow Warblers seem to be very abundant. We visited 12 different areas and each site rewarded us with many birds.

      I have more summer birds around my yard. I haven't had young birds around my yard for about 5 years . This year I've had robins, chipping sparrows, red breasted nuthatches, black capped chickadees, downy woodpecker and of course , lots of magpies. There was a crow nest in my block but crows seemed to be flying high all summer which I take it to mean that they are not nesting .

    What about you? Do you think you are seeing more species and numbers of birds.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Natural Wise Fun

Gain information and experience by following natural Wise . Make comments and ask questions about our posts. Tell us about your experiences.