Red Deer River Naturalists

The Red Deer river Naturalists are a group dedicated to learning about and preserving natural history. They have regular programs with speakers and many field trips.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Robin in Red Deer Dec.15

      This afternoon when I parked my car down town about 2:00 PM I noticed a robin in a mountain ash. I was attracted by all the noise house sparrows were making when I noticed the robin quietly going about his business feeding in the mountain ash. This bird looked comfortable and in good health.

      I have seen robins in every month of the year since I have lived in Red Deer. This is the first time I have seen robins in both Nov. and Dec of the same year.

     The Christmas bird count is Dec. 19 so I wonder if some one will see this bird or some other robin. Usually when I see robins in the winter there are usually 4 or 5.

     Use the comments on this blog to tell me if you have seen robins this fall as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natural Wise Fun

Gain information and experience by following natural Wise . Make comments and ask questions about our posts. Tell us about your experiences.