Red Deer River Naturalists

The Red Deer river Naturalists are a group dedicated to learning about and preserving natural history. They have regular programs with speakers and many field trips.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tree Swallows Visit

      A few days ago I looked up from my backyard work and saw a couple of Tree Swallows investigating the nest box I had on my fence.


    I was most surprised to see the Tree Swallows as I hadn't seen them in my yard since 1985! In the 1970' I had Tree Swallows nest in the yard for about five years.


     Tree Swallows are common in the area so I'm wondering why they don't visit treed areas in a city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natural Wise Fun

Gain information and experience by following natural Wise . Make comments and ask questions about our posts. Tell us about your experiences.